TASK is in the process of expanding operations from Cape Town to George, Western Cape. The expected operational date is August 2018.
TASK Eden will initially consist of a core team, which includes an investigator, study coordinator and pharmacist. This team together has more than 20 years of experience in clinical trials. Support services such as quality assurance, regulatory work, IT and human resources (HR) will be provided by the main branch in Cape Town.
The TASK Eden facility will have ample space for participants and trial procedures. We pride ourselves in conducting quality assured research, health education and long term follow up of all our trial participants. The layout of the TASK Eden site is flexible and we will be able to adapt to the specific requirement of any new studies.
Please make contact with us should you be considering any possible trial opportunities that may be conducted at TASK Eden here
TASK Eden Clinical Research Centre, a dedicated research site (DRS), has been established in the coastal city of George, South Africa
The 380m building consists of:
- Doctor examination rooms
- Clinical procedures general ward with lung function equipment
- Trial pharmacy for storage & dispensing of Investigational Products
- Dedicated sample processing lab
- Audio Visual equipped training & meeting room
- Administrative offices
- Participant waiting area
- Dedicated monitoring room.
Recruitment and medical support is ascertained through our relationship with George provincial hospital, as well as various clinics in the vicinity.
Community engagement forms part of TASK’s core company culture. TASK has dedicated staff engaging in various ongoing projects in outreaches and education initiatives.
- The city has an airport that accommodates daily flights to and from the major cities of Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
- George is situated halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth on a major national highway along the Garden Route.
- The Nelson Mandela University
- MediClinic and Geneva Day hospitals
- GVI Cancer Unit
- Garden Route Centre for Eye Laser & Plastic Surgery
- Pathology Labs
- The GoBus service
excerpt taken from: