Overall Purpose of the Position:
To assist in clinical drug trials and evaluate the safety and efficacy of novel treatment or diagnostic options respecting strict ethical and scientific standards.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs) & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing clinical care and support to clinical trial participants
- Performing clinical trial and protocol-specific procedures
- Working with a multidisciplinary team, including laboratory, pharmacy, administrative and clinical staff
- Helping to manage and coordinate clinical trials and related projects
- Ensuring that ethical and regulatory requirements related to clinical trial conduct are adhered to, in compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) requirements
- Assisting with participant recruitment plans to enable clinical trial timelines are met
- MBCHB degree or equivalent
- Current HPCSA registration as independent medical practitioner
- Passion for, and preferably some experience in a clinical research environment
- Good Clinical Practice certificate (preferable)
Key Personal Inherent Characteristics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent follow up skills
- Efficient and effective under pressure
Area: Bellville, Cape Town
Contract Type: Permanent
Applications Close: 02 October 2023
Please indicate in your application that you are applying for the above-mentioned position.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not received a response within one month, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
TASK reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement and not fill the above-mentioned vacancy at any stage during the recruitment process.
Meeting our employment equity goals will be acknowledged during the recruitment process.
By responding to this advert and sending your cv, cover letter and/or any other documentation, you are consenting to TASK processing your personal information as contained in the furnished documents. TASK may process your personal information for recruitment purposes for suitable posts that may arise within the organisation. You agree that you have familiarised yourself with South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act and understand your rights and obligations under this Act.